LET US DO THE DIRTY WORK
Terms & Conditions
Our Gutter Cleaning Service Area:
Carroll County: Hampstead, Manchester, Mount Airy, New Windsor, Sykesville, Taney Town, Union Bridge, Westminster
Frederick County: Brunswick, Burkittsville, Emmitsburg, Frederick, Middletown, Myersville, New Market, Rosemont, Thurmont, Urbana, Walkersville, Woodsboro
Howard County: Columbia, Elkridge, Ellicott City, Fulton, Laurel, Savage, Scaggsville, Montgomery Village, Olney, Poolesville, Potomac
Montgomery County: Aspen Hill, Barnesville, Bethesda, Brookville, Burtonsville, Cabin John, Chevy Chase, Clarksburg, Damascus, Darnestown, Derwood, Gaithersburg, Germantown, Glen Echo, Kensington, Laytonsville, Rockville, Silver Spring, Takoma Park, Washington Grove, Wheaton
Prince George’s County: Beltsville, Bowie, Brandywine, Brentwood, Capitol Heights, Cheverly, College Park, District Heights, Forest Heights, Greenbelt, Hyattsville, Landover, Langley Park, Lanham, Laurel, Marlow Heights, Oxen Hill, Springdale, Suitland, Temple Hills, Upper Marlboro, Woodlawn
Washington County: Boonsboro, Clear Spring, Funkstown, Hagerstown, Hancock, Keedysville, Sharpsburg, Smithsburg, Williamsport
Fairfax County: Annandale, Chantilly, Clifton, Fair Oaks, Fairfax Station, Great Falls, Herndon, Lorton, McLean, Reston, Springfield, Tysons Corner, Vienna
Loudoun County: Ashburn, Dulles Town Center, Hamilton, Hillsboro, Leesburg, Lovettsville, Purcellville, Round Hill, Sterling
Baltimore City, Washington DC
Schedule Your Gutter Cleaning Service Form: By completing and submitting this form, you are authorizing GutterMaid to move forward with the scheduling of your gutter cleaning service. If a service date is not selected, we will schedule your service for the next available date/time-frame. You may cancel the service at anytime (please read our cancellation policy for more details). You can view our scheduling calendar showing our current service time-frame by clicking on the calendar icon at the top of the form. If you do not wish to schedule a gutter cleaning, or you have questions about our services, please contact us with your inquiry using our contact form, or by emailing us at [email protected]
Gutter cleaning service pricing: Our standard/minimum pricing is $85 for Town-Homes and $125 for SFH. This includes up to 30 minutes of labor for Town-Homes and 60 minutes for SFH. If a Town-Home exceeds 30 minutes, it will be billed as a SFH (with a quote and approval from Homeowner). About 95% of all gutter cleaning services we perform are completed within these time-frames and at our standard/minimum price rate. After the first hour, our rate is $100.00 per man, per hour, prorated in 15 minute increments. Any premium service(s) selected are billed in addition to these rates. About 5% of homes will exceed our standard rates and will require an estimate. For these homes a no-obligation price quote will be provided by your service technician on the day of your scheduled service. Most common factors that affect our standard rates:* Height – Requires 40′ ladder. (If a 40′ ladder is required, we will need to re-schedule your service for a later date. We do not typically carry 40′ ladders on our trucks, and two men are required to safely operate it. For jobs which require the use of a 40′ ladder, a $50.00 equipment fee will be added to our standard rate. If requested, we can send a 40′ ladder and two men on the first visit, but you will be charged the 40′ ladder rate weather it is required to complete the job or not) Roof pitch – Technicians cannot walk roof or have a difficult time walking roof. Landscaping – Technicians have difficulty navigating around home and setting up ladders. Gutter screens/covers – These may need to be removed in order to clean out debris, and then re-installed. (Please read “gutter cleanings for homes with leaf protection installed” to the right for more details) Compacted downspouts – Most can be easily cleared, but more compacted downspouts will require more attention. *These factors don’t always affect our standard rates. Larger homes with one or more of these factors will be more likely to exceed our standard pricing than smaller homes.
Leaf protection pricing: Pricing shown on leaf protection page above is approximate. Factors such as roof type, pitch, accessibility, height, and product manufacture will affect cost. An accurate price quote can be provided by one of our experienced estimators upon request.
Scheduling: Due to our high volume of gutter cleanings, the unpredictable duration of each service, routing efficiency, weather, etc., we are not able to provide an exact schedule date/time for gutter cleanings and small service work. Because the work is on the outside of your home, no one is required to be home at the time of service. For those that require to be home at the time of service, we will try to refer you to a company that can accommodate your scheduling needs. We will provide you with a service time-frame at the time of your gutter cleaning service request. This time-frame usually spans one work week, Monday through Friday. Your gutter cleaning service is expected to be completed within that given time-frame weather permitting. Any scheduling delays will be communicated through email if email address is provided. Weekends are reserved for expediting any delayed services. Your service technician will call you on the day of your service about one hour prior to arriving at your home. Any job over $500.00 will be scheduled by appointment.
On the day of gutter cleaning service our technician will:
- Call you about one hour prior to arriving at your residence
- Clean and clear your gutters and downspouts
- Bag and remove debris from premises
- Clear easily accessible roof debris
- Re-nail loose gutter spikes
- Take pictures of completed service
- Provide feedback on roof and gutters
Payment: Our payment terms are due upon completion. We will leave a paper service ticket at your home after service is complete. We will also email your invoice to the email address on file. In the emailed invoice there will be a link provided to pay online via credit card. We accept payment by check as well as all major credit cards. Past due accounts will be assessed an additional 1½ percent per month. No further work will be performed under this agreement, or any other contract or agreement; until all past due invoices are paid in full. GutterMaid reserves the right to require C.O.D. payments based on payment and/or credit history. Customer agrees and accepts these terms and shall make payment to GutterMaid in accordance with said terms.
Referral program: Refer a friend or neighbor and receive 10% off your next cleaning service.
Eligibility: Must be an existing customer with at least one completed gutter cleaning service paid in full. Referred customer must have received their gutter cleaning service and have paid their balance in full.
100% satisfaction guarantee: Your gutter cleaning service is backed by our 100% satisfaction guarantee for a period of one month. This guarantee covers removing any debris that may have been missed during the original service only, and does not cover any newly accumulated debris. Please inspect your gutters during the next rain event. Water should flow steadily from each downspout. If there are any issues, please let us know immediately.
(30) day no-clog guarantee: Your gutter cleaning service is also backed by our (30) day guarantee for a period of one month. This guarantee covers removing any clogs or blockages that are causing your gutters to over-flow during a rain event, and does not include re-cleaning of all gutters.
Gutter cleanings for homes with leaf protection installed: We approach the cleaning of gutters with leaf protection systems differently than those without. Removing and re-installing leaf protection is not included in our standard pricing. However, removal of leaf protection is not always required to get your gutters functioning properly. Often times a build-up of dirt or debris on top of the leaf protection blocks water from entering your gutter system, and is the source of any issues you may be experiencing. What we do: We will remove debris from the top of the leaf protection system. For hooded systems that work off of surface tension, we will also clear the access channel and wipe the dirt from the front lip to allow surface tension to occur. We also check for blockages in your gutters and downspouts and remove them as needed. When cleaning gutter systems with leaf protection it is to be expected that the gutter will not be cleaned as thoroughly as they would if they had no leaf protection installed. Some dirt and shingle grit will most likely remain after the gutter cleaning, but should not effect the functionality of your gutter system. Gutters with leaf protection systems that have not been properly maintained, may require having the leaf protection system removed completely in order to clean the gutters properly. In this case there are two options you can choose from. 1) We can remove the leaf protection system and leave it off (abandon the system). This usually does not effect the price of a standard cleaning, and if your current system is damaged, missing sections, or is not effective, than this may be your best option. If needed , a quote for a new leaf protection system can be provided. 2) We can remove the leaf protection system, clean the gutters, and re-install the existing leaf protection. If your leaf protection is effective and in good condition, this may be a good option. However, re-installing leaf protection is charged by the foot, starting at $2.00.
- It is understood under this agreement and customer represents that their properties roof is structurally sound, and is able to withstand the weight of workers and their tools. In the event that the roof does not meet these conditions, any resulting damages are the sole responsibility of the customer and GutterMaid shall not be responsible for said damages. This includes but is not limited to, broken or cracked roofing shingles (asphalt, tile, slate, cedar, etc) roof decking, and rafter boards.
- Gutter “cleaning” is not literal in its traditional definition of “Free from dirt, marks, or stains” It is understood by both parties that the primary intent of a gutter cleaning is to allow proper water drainage from roof surface, through gutters, down downspouts, and exit to grade or underground drainage system. A small about of debris or shingle grit may remain in the gutter but will not effect water flow. We do not clean the outside of the gutter unless pressure washing is requested.
- No warranties, expressed or implied, are offered under this agreement. GutterMaid shall not be responsible for property damage of any kind caused either directly or indirectly by water related damage to include but not limited to, mold and mildew, drywall, landscaping, window, siding, wood trim, or structural damage.
- GutterMaid will maintain at all times General Liability, and Automobile Liability Insurance. A Certificate of Insurance will be provided upon request.
- The Work is to be completed by skilled workmen, in a professional and workmanlike manner in accordance with industry standards.
- Debris that may have fallen as a result of the gutter cleaning will be cleaned and bagged. This includes but is not limited to lower roofs, porches, window, sills, driveways, and landscaping.
- Work will be performed Monday through Sunday starting at 7:30am till dusk, weather and favorable working conditions permitting.
- Customer must provide GutterMaid notice of any damage to the property that the customer believes is GutterMaid’s responsibility within (5) business days following completion of the Project.
Trip charge: If cancellations are not confirmed before we arrive to your property, a $50 trip charge will apply.
Roof debris: We will clean and bag roof debris on the day of your service. This service is included with our standard gutter cleaning. However, excessive amounts of debris may incur an additional cost. If excessive roof debris will affect your rate, an estimate will be provided before your service is completed. Only roof sections in which the pitch and substrate allow them to be easily and safely walked will be cleared. Damage to roof form weight of person walking normally will not be the liability of GutterMaid.
Ground drains: GutterMaid cannot clean or clear compacted ground drains. We can make an attempt to clear them by flushing out the downspouts using a standard water hose. Clogged ground drains will need to be cleared by a local certified plumber. Note that corrugated ground drains cannot be snaked by a plumber due to the ridged thin material.
Flushing gutters and downspouts with water: If opted, GutterMaid will flush your gutters and downspouts with water. Generally gutters and downspouts do not require being flushed with water to be functional. Our premium service rate is $25 but may exceed this amount if there is an unusually large amount of gutters. If amount differs, an estimate will be provided.